Sunday, June 10, 2007

Blue Print For Success

When I have time I want to create a "Blue Print For Success". I will use it as a guide for new assistant coaches. The following are the topics I expect to cover:

Team Culture & Philosophy
Staff duties
Academics
Practice organization
Defensive philosophy
Offensive philosophy
Off-season training
Player & coaches profiles
Life skills

I believe this document can be a valuable addition to the program I expect to lead. It can also provide structure not only for basketball, but for all athletic programs. I understand anytime one takes on this type of project it is time consuming and must be updated yearly, but the project once completed will be valuable.
If you have any suggestions of areas I may not have listed please feel free to add them and I will see how it fits.

Remember this, "Your Success Is Measured By What Your Team Accomplishes." Unknown author

Finally, if you get a chance to i want to encourage you to read, "The Station", a poem by Robert J. Hastings. It is really very good.

No comments: