Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Coaches Role

If You Don't Stretch Your Limits, You Will Set Your Limits- Rob Gilbert
What is our role, as coaches in our community/society today?
In my opinion high school coaches do not receive the type of compensation I believe they deserve. Good high school coaches put in lots of time building their programs. I also believe they have a huge amount of responsibility being role models and mentors for the student-athletes they coach. We may be the only positive adult in they may come in contact with on a daily basis.
So ponder the following thoughts and questions.
* What impact do I have on my student-athletes?
* How much influence do I have on my student-athletes?
* Can I define my purpose for coaching?
* What role do I play in the lives of my student-athletes?
I hope you will take a moment to think about these important issues. You are encouraged to respond as well. I will offer my response to these issues in upcoming posts.
Hava Great Day! :)

No comments: